- When I am bored and all I can think about it shopping, a better use of my time (for now, I can't just stop shopping completely) will be to work out. That way when I do start to go shopping again, then the clothes will look better on me.
- When all I can think about it snacking and eating, then I will drink. Yummy drinks will be reserved for eating out or enjoying time with friends. If it is a coke I am craving, then I will go for naturally flavored water, tea or refreshing plain water.
- When all I can think about is finishing the whole entire plate in front of me or getting another serving, I will swap my control from my brain to my stomach. (Easier said than done, I know.) By doing this, I will try to be in tune with my body more than I have been. And if my mind let me shut it off to hear my stomach, then I will just think about this post and what my goal is.
These are just some of the swaps I have come up with. Other things that I want to do are read a book a month (I'm just 1/3 through Eat, Love, Pray after over a year), rediscover the clothes that are shoved in my closet (if I can't find a time to wear it, then I will get rid of it) and take a nap in my hammock every day I am home in August.
Books I want to read...
- Eat, Love, Pray by Elizabeth Gilbert
- I Do, Now What? by Guiliana and Bill Rancic
- The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
- ....and the list goes on, but we will start with these ones.
Wish me luck!